The BC547 transistor is a most commonly used NPN bipolar junction transistor (BJT) transistor of modern electronics. It is a update of c945 and c828 transistor. Transistor BC547 is a general-purpose transistor designed for low to medium power switching and amplification. In this article we are gorging to explain Pin configuration, characteristics, uses, alternate, complement and other information of bc547.
Bc547 transistor pinout diagram
The Pinout configuration of transistor bc547 are given below in the diagram and table.
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||Collector||Collector is used to flow the current, normally connected to load|
|2||Base||Base is used to Controls the biasing transistor, Used to turn ON or OFF the transistor|
|3||Emitter||Emitter is used to Drains out the current , normally connected to ground|
Characteristics of BC547 Transistor
There are so many characteristics of transistor bc547. Some important electrical characteristics and specifications for the BC547 are as follows:
- Available in To-92 Package
- Bi-Polar NPN Transistor
- DC Current Gain (hFE) is 800 maximum
- Continuous Collector current (IC) is 100mA
- Emitter Base Voltage (VBE) is 6V
- Base Current(IB) is 5mA maximum
Note: Complete Technical Details can be found at the BC547 datasheet given at the end of this page.
BC547 transistor equivalent
Common equivalent transistors for the BC547 include:
- 2N3904: The 2N3904 is an NPN transistor with similar electrical characteristics to the BC547.
- 2N2222: The 2N2222 is also NPN transistor with characteristics close to the BC547.
- 2N4401: This is another transistor that characteristics similar to the BC547.
- PN2222: The PN2222 is another good replacement of bc547 NPN transistor.
- KSP2222A: The KSP2222A is a close match to the BC547.
Complement of bc547
The BC547 mostly used in circuits with its complement PNP transistor BC556, BC557, BC558, BC559.
Uses of bc547
We already discussed that bc547 is widely used transistor. Some mostly using of this transistor are as follows.
- DIY Electronics Projects: BC547 transistors are frequently used in educational and hobbyist electronics projects due to their ease of use and wide availability.
- Amplification: BC547 transistors are frequently used to amplify small electrical signals.
- Switching: BC547 transistors are often used as switches in digital and control applications.
- Oscillators: BC547 transistors can be used in oscillator circuits to generate oscillating.
- Signal Inversion: They can be used to invert signals.
- Voltage Regulation: It is also used in In some simple voltage regulation circuits.
- Audio Preamplifiers: BC547 transistors are also used in audio preamplifier stages to boost audio signals.
bc547b transistor datasheet
bc547 transistor switch circuit
In this circuit bc547 is used in a circuit that automatic off in light and automatic on in dark.
BC547 as Amplifier
A Transistors acts as an Amplifier when operating in Active Region. It can amplify power, voltage and current at different configurations.
Some of the configurations used in amplifier circuits are
- Common emitter amplifier
- Common collector amplifier
- Common base amplifier
DC Current Gain = Collector Current (IC) / Base Current (IB)